Saturday, August 20, 2011

the fairy song

Every day, almost without fail, my girls dress up.  Wednesday afternoon about 5:15 the kids were changing out of bathing suits (they'd been out in the courtyard wading pool) and Lydia came running, "Mom, I can't find my clothes".  I thought, and thought, and thought a bit more and could not remember one single item of 'clothes' that she had worn since breakfast.  Yep, 5:15 and she was looking for her first set of non-dress-up, non-pajamas clothing :)

And when they dress up, they love to dance.  So I am treated to myriads of performances.  Little rehearsal, but big results :)



One of their new favorites to dance to is David Crowder Band 'O For a Thousand Tongues to Sing'.  (you can listen to it here - and you should, it's a sweet song)  We call it the fairy song... I told them that the dulcimer at the beginning sounds like fairies dancing, and it stuck. 


They even have props (some homemade) to accompany the twirls and spins. 


Oh how I love these little girl days, and how fleeting they are -

3 comments:

Paul said...

my oh my, such beauty and charm !
thanks
love Granddaddy

Mom/Grandmama said...

I love those little fairies! Grandmama

Anonymous said...

Lovely! And yes, too fleeting. Our "little" Georgia goes off to Elon this Friday. Savor your time. :-) Love to y'all.
-David Lee