Monday, May 24, 2010

home for now

Matt and I got home on Saturday at noon.  It was an emotional, joyous reunion with the kids.  On the whole, everyone (including me!) did okay with the separation.  But no one handled it exceptionally well.  

Lydia struggled the most and let me tell you, listening to your sobbing almost-three-year old beg you to come home is not the happiest way to end a phone conversation.  1300 miles has never felt quite so far :(  

But we are home now, and everyone seems to be settling in to the idea that Mom and Dad are not leaving again.  Except Matt actually flies north on Saturday for a day of house hunting.  We are definitely moving locations for our next term here, and hope to secure housing in our new city before returning to the US.  

Big stuff on the horizon.  We took a little break yesterday to celebrate my birthday and had a blast!  I'll post some photos soon.  

 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys got home safe and I know the kids are glad to have you back. Justin gets those voicemails from crying kids wanting him to be home too!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Love Julie