Thursday, March 11, 2010

the pet store ???

With three young children, a smallish apartment, and a lifestyle that involves plenty of travel, I am convinced that the last thing we need is a pet.  

So I'm grateful for these "roaming" vendors that show up in town.  It's fun to look.  And after a few minutes of shopping, I decide (once again) that we are not buying a fish, and we head on home. 



These vendors know their audience :)  They park right by the school gates at lunch break.  And they are always willing to show off their wares. (This guy had Lydia pretty interested in the turtle.... the turtle, on the other hand, was clearly not too interested in Lydia, and kept its head tucked deep inside its shell.)
Usually I am 100% not even tempted to buy.  But today Julianna almost convinced me.  I think the girls would stay interested for at least a few days, maybe even a week (which is probably about what we could expect in terms of fish life expectancy).  


Lydia's going to have to wait on the turtle.  But the fish.... maybe one of these days we'll just get one.  In the meantime its fun to build anticipation, and we'll keep shopping. 



6 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Beautiful sunny day - bet those fish are cooking! Beautiful children too. Love you!

kkvernen said...

Oh I love that last picture! Cute children in front of beautiful flowers = great picture!

Anonymous said...

I have a cat if you want to borrow a pet while you are in the states!!! Love the pictures of the 3 kids too. Love Julie

Karen said...

I love that last picture- especially how it looks like Isaac is reaching for you. And the cat that Julie is offering is huge and very talkative.

love,
Karen

JBC said...

You can skype the dog any time!!! Although we did find hermit crabs at the beach we wanted to take home with us but Deuce ate them when we left. We found shell pieces all over the yard. gross.

Anonymous said...

I would let her borrow the good cat!! Thanks Karen!