Friday, March 26, 2010

the head of a chicken

Tonight at dinner, totally out of the blue.....

Julianna: Do you know what 鸡头 means?  It means the head of a chicken.  (dramatic pause)  We eat it at school.

Matt: Really.  The teachers eat it or you eat it?

Julianna: Just me.  

Matt:  No one else eats 鸡头?  

Julianna: Yeah, some other people eat it too.


Matt left for a meeting and while the girls were in the bath I attempted to do a little "chicken head eating clarification". 

Me: Julianna, do you eat 鸡头 at school?

Julianna: Noooooooooooo.  

Me: Who eats it?

Julianna: I don't know her name.  

Me: So you don't eat 鸡头?

Julianna: Noooooo.

Lydia:  But I eat it.  I eat 鸡头.  

Julianna: No you don't Lydia.  No one in the small class gets to eat 鸡头.  


Well, I'm sure glad we got that cleared up.    

Yep, crystal clear. 


4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Yep, crystal clear. Thanks for a good morning laugh! Love you all bunches.

Anonymous said...

Hot 鸡头 with sauce on rice is really good. I got that one time when I ordered a #7 (no hot) at the Golden Dragon.

Julie Redfern said...

I agree, thanks for the morning laugh! Just like when Will told me pickle ears are soft! Love Julie

Lacey Beth said...

LOVE IT!!!!!