Monday, March 22, 2010

the little two

Last week ended on a not so great note.  I ended up sick with some sort of flu bug and wanted to spend Thursday in bed.  Unfortunately, Matt was out of town until Friday at midnight.  So I stumbled through Thursday and Friday, and when I heard Matt's key in the door on Friday I was so relieved. 

I ended up sleeping most of Saturday, and felt much better by Sunday morning.  

Early last week Julianna spent the night with her buddy Kayleigh.  Although I miss her tons when she is away, I also really enjoy the different dynamic in our home when it's just Lydia and Isaac.  

Lydia really enjoys her spot on "top of the heap" when her big sis is away and she loves to be the boss!  Isaac usually gravitates towards Julianna, but when she isn't around, he loves to play with Lydia.  Their 'style' of humor is a lot different when Julianna is gone, and tends to revolve around ridiculous faces and little games they play.  I love it. 


It was also a nice change of pace to only have two children around.  Funny how perspective changes with the addition of more children.  Before Isaac was born I thought two kiddos was plenty of work.   

But I mostly love having all three together.  And so do they.  Even though it's a fun change of pace when Julianna is off at a friend's, it just feels right for everyone to be home with me! 

1 comment:

Mom said...

Laura - so sorry to hear you were sick last weekend - really tough when you're sick and the single parent too. You have beautiful children! Love you!