Wednesday, February 18, 2009

time to reschedule

Well, one proof that life is a little full right now: Matt and I had to 'reschedule' Valentine's Day! We're also 'rescheduling' his birthday - and if I had my way, I'd 'reschedule' this baby to arrive a week before his due date too, but that's not really my decision :)

The whole family flies north on Saturday morning - which means I have three days left in our apartment .... then off to have the baby.... and the next time I am here I'll have a baby boy in my arms. Needless to say, that's a lot to think about. We'll be up north together for two and half days, then Matt leaves to fly back to our hometown for a week, leaving the girls and me to enjoy some good, quality, 'just the three of us ladies' time!

So, in light of all the stuff going on, we've been 'tweaking' the schedule a little bit - and plan to enjoy a Valentine's date tomorrow (the 19th) and move Matt's birthday from the 28th to March 4th, so we'll all be together as a family for the cupcake eating :)

This morning I plan to start packing in earnest. It's Julianna's last day at preschool for a while, which means Lydia is the only threat to my packing piles - you'd be amazed at how quickly those two little girls can rearrange things as I pull them out of drawers and toss them towards the suitcases.

She's finishing up breakfast in the highchair right now and is preoccupied 'cleaning' the tray with a wet washcloth. It's entirely unclear if anything is actually getting cleaner, but she's sure enjoying herself. Well, gotta run.... lots to do today!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a lot to do! And 8+ months pregnant too! Hope all goes well and the rescheduled date and birthday were worth the wait! Love you all!

Jaci said...

WOW! I can't believe how fast the time has flown by...it truly seems like just yesterday that I was reading you would be having another baby!!! Praying for you now friend!! I can't wait to hear!! Love you!