Thursday, February 19, 2009

just let some things go, ok?

Several times this week Matt has said, "honey, please don't try to be superwoman..... just let some things go, ok?"

Do you think this is what he had in mind??


This is what our kitchen looked like last night. And what it looked like again this morning. So out of character for me! I hate leaving a mess overnight. A stray sippy cup or random dessert plate in the sink, that I can handle. But I really dislike clutter, so a wiped-down counter top, swept kitchen floor, and straightened living room is way more my style.

This is what I did do yesterday (since I clearly did NOT do the dishes!)


I packed! Even though this is now the third time I have moved to another city to wait for a baby's arrival, it is still really weird to pack for someone who technically isn't here - yet. Receiving blankets, newborn sleepers, the cutest little blue and white striped hat. Right in there next to the girls winter gear and some new coloring books. Weird.

Well, here I am 'just letting some things go' while I update the blog. Priorities!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is very hard for me to leave a dirty kitchen and un-made bed. You are still Superwoman in my book, but she doesn't have to do the dishes every day! Love and prays for all!
Susan

Paul said...

great work in setting priorities including not doing something! an oft overlooked part of priority setting is what you are NOT going to do. WELL DONE.

Looking forward to seeing the hat.

love Dad

and byw -- I can look at dishes too- ask your Mom

Chris, Leah, Austin, Bennett and Lucy said...

I, unfortunately, can leave my sink looking like that without too much trouble...if I know my helper is coming the next day :) I guess you are checking the weather, but do you know it has snowed three days straight here? Probably will be gone by saturday, but just so you know...can't wait to hang out soon!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree - dirty dishes overnight in the sink just stresses me out - but I'm proud of you for letting them go! We've been thinking of you guys lots and praying for you as you prepare to move. We can't wait to see pictures of our new nephew!

Love you,
Krisanne

Leslie said...

I wore Andrew's cape this morning to demonstrate to the kids that I was, in fact, SuperMom (playing with the kids instead of doing dishes).