Friday, February 13, 2009

The Nobel Patience Prize

Without taking away in the slightest from the life-changing contributions previous Nobel Peace Prize winners have made to society, I would like to propose that perhaps a Nobel Patience Prize would be a bit more suited to my current lifestyle. Full days in a science lab, I do not have. Full days with young children... Yep, I definitely log in some of those!

This morning Lydia "helped" me make a batch of granola. It looked like this:

That, friends, is a patience building exercise!

And, to fully appreciate this second photo, you need to know that while she goes about her work of sweeping (aka spreading small particles of trash around the house) she chants to herself in a sing-song voice "Helping. Helping mommy. Helping. Helping."


She's two days away from her 18 month birthday. And in the space of about 15 minutes can steal most of your heart, and your patience :) Oh how I love this little girl!

5 comments:

Ashlei said...

So Precious!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful short story and what precious photos - mommy's little helper Lydia is! Love you!

Paul said...

break my heart!!
so so sweet

love Dad/Grand/Dad

Anonymous said...

She's as cute and sweet as ever - hope and pray your prep for your big move is going well!

Love,
Krisanne

Anonymous said...

The part about Julianna singing of helping and spreading trash around the house makes me laugh--it is such a true & precious aspect of having young children! -Jessica Egge