Monday, February 23, 2009

settling in

We are definitely feeling settled in to our new-temporary home. The apartment we are borrowing is just PERFECT for our family and we are so grateful for a wonderful place to live. I'm already getting spoiled by some aspects of our new environment :)

The girls spent most of our first day enjoying an apartment full of 'new to them' toys and books :)


Later in the day we all headed outside for a little fun -


The snow on the ground was a BIG change for us! The day before we left home Matt took the family on a picnic lunch and it looked like this:


The high temp here is 30 degrees LOWER than the daytime high at home. It's actually supposed to warm up some this week, and I bet the snow will all be gone soon. But we're enjoying a change of pace. And I'm actually hoping for some more snow.

And a quick little Lydia update.... she seemed to be much better on Sunday (her first throw up episode on our big travel day was about 5:45 am, before we ever left for the airport, so I am pretty sure it was not motion sickness, or that motion sickness was only part of the problem). But, this morning, she threw up again. No one else in the family has any other symptoms at all (thank goodness!) but I'm wondering if maybe she has a little virus or bug of some sort. Any guesses as to what her problem might be? Or what I can do to prevent any more throwing up?

Matt left for the airport a few hours ago so it's me, the girls and the baby-in-the-belly for the next week. I'm thankful for friends who live close by and that our apartment set-up is so amazing. Did I mention that I live a 5 minute walk from a store that sells both peanut butter and cheese? Or that our building has an elevator which revolutionizes my perspective on a trip outside our apartment doors? More on all the perks of living here in another post coming soon :)

4 comments:

Paul said...

Such a nice looking apartment, so thankful for youall. on the throwup-- if it is frequent? -- nothing in = less out. Or when I was a kid, my favorite, ginger ale and crushed ice. hope it is history soon.

love GrandDad

Anonymous said...

The apartment does look nice but I know you're missing the warmer temps, but then again you do have an elevator! The pros and cons. Hope Lydia feels better soon and no one else comes down with her malady. Love you!

The Huffmans said...

sooooo glad to see a picture of where you'll be for the next few weeks! Enjoy the elevator and the heat! You have heat right? We got 6 inches of snow this weekend so we are hunkered down inside as well. YAY for you braving the cold and taking the girls outside!

Danielle said...

Looks and sounds like a great place; are you sure you'll want to return to the south? I hope so! Enjoy the elevator and hopefully there will be more snow in the near future!