Tuesday, November 4, 2008

roommate anniversary

November 3, 2007 was a momentous night for our little girls - it was their FIRST NIGHT as roommates (I only know the date because I posted about it on our blog and was able to go back and check the date - yay for blogging!). Lydia was a mere 10 weeks old, and Julianna had been in her "big girl bed" for about three weeks. What a difference a year makes!

Since this roommate relationship is pretty much permanent, I decided to make it something we celebrate :) No, I am not naive enough to think that celebrating "roommate anniversary" will eliminate all future complaints of "I don't want to share a room with my sister", but I'm hoping it puts on the path to thankful, not grumbling hearts!

So, we designated November 3rd ROOMMATE ANNIVERSARY and yesterday was our first celebration ever. I took photos of each of the girls in their beds .....



... then headed out to the dining room where the girls were thrilled to find balloons on their chairs and little gifts by their places at the table.....






And, of course, no special breakfast is complete without muffins cooked in the muffin man baking cups. (The girls ADORE these muffin cups, and their mere appearance turns an ordinary muffin into an extraordinary experience.) I like them because they make for some really cute "muffin eating photos".


Here's to many more years of Roommate Anniversary celebrations!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, a positive twist on the roommate experience! What fun for the girls to look foward to the date each year - and it'll be good for a long time yet! Love you guys!

Julie Redfern said...

Complete with matching jammies! Great idea what fun. Caroline and Will have shared for so long I don't even remember how many houses ago it started. I mean Will has lived in 4 states before he was 1.

Jaci said...

What a cute, fun idea!=) And what a great gift they have in each other...way to make being sisters SO MUCH FUN for them!!