Thursday, November 6, 2008

another murder mystery party!

Last Friday night Matt and I attended our second Murder Mystery Party. It was SO FUN! I have reconciled myself with the fact that I will probably never successfully guess the murderer at one of these things - I am way too distracted by having fun with the other guests to really get involved in the actual solving of the murder but I have a great time regardless!


The theme this year was "Murder among the Mateys" - a party in a fishing village overrun by pirates. Josh and Danielle (the hosts, playing the role of the governor and his wife) were busy trying to get rid of pirates. Kayla and I were the governor's daughters - and he had offered a large cash reward and our hand in marriage to anyone who captured a pirate! Here I am with my "family"....(we rented our duds from a local costume shop).



Matt played the role of Sealegs Sam, a merchant sailor, who turned out to be the murderer! (Isn't that skeleton great? Josh and Danielle rented it from a little shop near their apartment that sells science-class related school supplies!)

If you have never been to a murder mystery party I TOTALLY recommend going - or maybe even hosting! (Though, honestly, hosting one is a LOT of work!) They are great fun :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two look great! What fun-how do you go about planning a murder mystery party?
xo,
susan

Unknown said...

Susan asked a good question... mainly because my roommate wants to have a murder mystery party for his birthday later this month. Do you have any suggestions? It looks like y'all had a great time. I love that you got all dressed up.

love to all,
Karen

Anonymous said...

Love the costumes - and the beard! Looks like ya'll had a great time. Amazing that you could find a costume shop! Love you!

Anonymous said...

That's me above - one week!

Jaci said...

That looks so fun! Glad that you got to do it again!=)

You look great in your costumes!=)