Thursday, November 20, 2008

hand-me-down happiness

When I was a little girl I was a part of a long hand-me-down-clothes-chain made up of all my little girl cousins.

Lucky me, I was near the top of the chain, so the clothes still looked pretty decent when they arrived in my drawer :) Next in the chain was my cousin Julie. She's 13 months younger than me, and for most of our lives, we both lived in NC. I wore a pink striped bathing suit one summer, the following summer it was Julie's. My winter boots? Destined to one day be on Julie's feet :)

The next generation has arrived, and the hand-me-down chain continues - in reverse order! Julie's little girl Caroline is 14 months older than Julianna and we're on the wonderful receiving end of some super cute clothing! My parents arrived with a suitcase full of 3T clothing and I loaded up Julianna's dresser. She's worn 'new' clothes every day since!

Julianna picked out this little dress for preschool on Tuesday morning.....

and opted for a more casual sweatsuit and bunny rabbit slippers yesterday.....

before snuggling into some new pjs last night!


Thanks Julie and Caroline! We are LOVING all the fun clothes, and I love watching my little girl run around town (or the apartment) and knowing she is part of a "hand-me-down" chain just like her momma was years ago.

[Actually though, I guess my "chain" isn't officially finished either.... my new favorite maternity jeans are borrowed from guess who? That's right! Julie!]

1 comment:

Julie Redfern said...

I LOVE that you are enjoying all of Caroline's clothes Julianna. I am also glad the maternity clothes work too! Hand-me-downs are wonderful! Caroline was so thrilled to see her old clothes on Julianna. She had a huge smile on her face that matched Julianna's.
Love you, Julie