Monday, November 10, 2008

a dinner delivery

Living out here in the "burbs" limits some of our dinner options. Basically, I cook. From scratch. No frozen this or pre-cooked that or "quick and easy" meal-in-a-box. It's one of the things that I love about living here - cooking from scratch with super fresh ingredients. But there are days when I hate it - when I would love a quick and easy dinner option :)

There are two restaurants in our little town that will deliver to our apartment. And only one western restaurant in the bigger town nearby that will bother to bring food all the way out here. (Yes, the food is cold by the time it arrives; and, Yes, we order it anyways! Hey, a western meal that I didn't cook myself is a treat to be enjoyed, cold or not! I usually preheat the oven and warm it up when it gets here.)

One other option that we LOVE is when Xiao Li cooks for us - she is a great cook and whips up yummy stir-friend lunches. I think I could eat her pumpkin soup once a week for years and never get tired of it.

But a week or so ago we had a special treat - Xiao Li cooked dinner and delivered it - piping hot - to our apartment! Pasta casserole, homemade bread and fresh salad! We managed to take a quick photo before the girls started devouring the food.

I do love to cook. But a night off is a treat, especially when Xiao Li is cooking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a good looking dinner! I look forward to helping when we're there! Love you all!