Tuesday, January 22, 2008

update from later on Tuesday...

Well, this is a new way to do the blog… I write an update, but then don’t post it immediately. The internet café with wireless is close to our room though, so we got the radios out and tested the range this afternoon. Now I know I can go while the girls are asleep and still be in radio range, so that’s great news! Maybe I’ll even be able to post some photos.

We’re settled in to the rooms and so grateful for our adjoining room set-up. It works great. Matt is plotting and planning his mountain bike rides and his motorcycle rides. He brought his bike with him (Have you ever traveled with a boxed-up mountain bike, 60 lbs of luggage, and two little girls?? If the answer is NO, I’m telling you, you haven’t really experienced the art of complicated travel!) Northern Thailand is beautiful – lots of great mountains for mountain biking and dirt biking for Matt. He leaves tomorrow morning for his first early morning ride (he promises me he’ll be back in time to take Julianna down to breakfast!)

Julianna is doing GREAT at childcare! I am so thankful. But, it’s a little weird to not have her underfoot in the mornings. She’s there from 8:30 to 12 ish. It’s fun to have a short season of life with her in childcare, but I’m not sure I could do it every day (yet!). I have nice relaxing mornings in the room while Lydia sleeps. I can’t remember the last time I sat on a couch at 10 am and thought… “hmm, what shall I do next? Maybe I’ll read another chapter!” My goal is to start attending some meetings once Lydia gets back into a groove, I can take her with me (if I sit in the back) or she can go to childcare too.

1 comment:

Patt said...

So glad you're going to be able to post while in Thailand! Looking forward to seeing those elephant riding photos! Love, Mom/Grandmama