Sunday, January 20, 2008

Thailand memories

When I was little, my family always vacationed at my GrandDaddy's beach house on Oak Island, in NC. I loved going to the same place every year - in fact, my parents vacationed there before I was even born, and my most recent trip was in July of this past year, a few short weeks before Lydia was born. You could say, we've got a bit of history there.

Here we are this past summer - I was 38 weeks pregnant, or something like that. Lydia was definitely THERE, but we didn't go back after she was born, so technically her "first trip" hasn't happened yet.


So, Thailand is becoming a similar location for our little family. Here's a little photo tour: (you can tell our internet is running fast this morning, normally I would never be able to upload this many photos, but the internet is flying this morning and I got a little carried away!)



January 2002 - Matt and I had been dating for about 6 weeks!


February 2003 - a few weeks before our wedding. We vacationed in Thailand, and also did a 4 day motorcycle trip and ventured into Laos... where this photo was taken.



Feb 2005 - Matt and a buddy rented bikes and tried to ride to Burma, but, alas, the border was inaccessible.



February 2006 - Julianna's first swim (she was 6 weeks old)



July 2006 - we were in Northern Thailand for a three week training. Julianna's tougher first 6 months of life were coming to a close - I was enjoying life with a baby who actually slept!!




February 2007 - a family of three, going on four!


Lydia and I actually took a quick trip this past October too - but it wasn't vacation! We both had medical check ups and she got lots of shots. Needless to say, I didn't take pictures!

Well, we leave this evening for Thailand 2008! I am so grateful to the Lord that, even in the somewhat "unsettled, highly transitional" life we lead overseas, he has provided this consistent place of vacation. We're off to make some more memories!

1 comment:

Patt said...

Thanks for the photo history - it is wonderful to have a tradition for you and the girls to remember! Have a great time. Love, Mom/Grandmama