Monday, January 14, 2008

looking to spend itunes money??

If you got some itunes money for Christmas and can't figure out how to spend it, I've got your problem solved :) Erin Ashley and Andy introduced us to Sandra McCracken earlier this fall and I cannot get enough of her music! We bought the album "the builder and the architect" and I listen to it way too much. My current favorite song is, "the love of Christ is rich and free". Julianna knows how much I love it. When I say, "what do you think we should listen to?" she responds, "Sandra Cracking". So, there's my recommendation. Go spend your itunes money!!

My new favorite kids album was a gift from Krisanne and Paul - a Vineyard Music Kids collection that has a version of the Newsboys' "He Reigns". At the beginning of the song, kids are reading Scripture in different languages and one is Chinese - so cool! I listened to it tonight as I was feeding Lydia right before bed. It's a GREAT kids album.

Do you have itunes recommendations for us? We too have some itunes money that is just waiting to be spent. Post a comment and tell me what you think we should buy. [You don't have to log in to post a comment, just choose "anonymous" - but remember to sign your name at the end, or I won't know who to thank for the great idea!]

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,
When I was studying in Italy, my Italian professor made the class a cd with a lot of Italian songs on it. One was a children's song that I played for Caroline when I got back. From that moment on it has been her favorite, and is Will's favorite too. If he's fussing or crying, as soon as you start humming the tune, he smiles and hums along. Caroline always asks me to dance with her to the "da da angel song." The name of it is Ci Vuole un Fiore and the best version on itunes is by Babies Singers (yes, both plural). My version that Caroline and Will love is by Sergio Endrigo but the itunes version isn't as good. It has kids singing which Caroline loves. Ci vuole un fiore basically translates into "it takes a flower." I have the translated lyrics I can email you if you're interested. I hope Julianna and Lydia like it. Also, I don't know if Julie told you this, but Caroline named one of her new baby dolls Julianna Frank Redfern. I'm glad all of you are doing well. Miss and love you!

Karen

Jaci said...

Hey Laura!

Well I love music, but some of my faves lately include;

-Third Day...always:-)
-Jeremy Camp...my favprite of his is his acoustic CD
-Jennifer Knapp...I have the collection CD and love it
-Selah...I have a collection of Hymns and it is probably my favorite right now
-For a Christmas CD I love The Trans Siberian Orchestra

For kids now...

"Slugs and Bugs and Butterflies" by Andrew Peterson and Randall Goodgame...I got it as a gift when Abby was born and our family LOVES it

"sunday School Songs" by VeggieTales is fun too

"I could sing of your love forever KIDS" is a great CD

The Veggietale soundtrack from Jonah is a fun one

I don't know if any of these are anything new to you...but I have more ideas if not...just let me know:-)

I am going to have to chach out that CD you mentioned!

Paul said...

"This Old House" by Rosemary Clooney, "One Day at Time" -by Christie Lane, "The Three Bells" -by the Browns, and of course Elvis Gospel Treasury, or the Carter Family, or Danny O'Donnel - my goodnes, how 'bout Patti Page and "Que Sara"? I mean the list can be very long -- how much money do you all have on that account? I have more suggestions.-- and if you want some fun music or lighter fare how about the Kingston Trio,....
love
Dad/GrandDad

got to get those grandchildren to appreciate fine music

Anonymous said...

Laura & Matt,
Build your own radio station at http://www.pandora.com/ and you won't have to listen to - as my kids called it "old man radio". Uncle Charles had his computer hooked up to his house speakers and we were introduced to all sorts of new music. Have fun.
Uncle E

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon (evening?)

Jack Johnson made the soundtrack to the Curious George movie and the kids in my class LOVED the music. The songs are great for kids, have wonderful messages and since its Jack Johnson I really enjoyed it too. Its a really mellow acoustic guitar soundtrack that was GREAT for keeping the environment happy but relaxed.

If you still have some more credit, the first cd Norah Jones came out with is also really wonderful.

The girls look beautiful! I have taken your lead and am (attempting) a blog... I will keep you all posted :)

-Jen