Wednesday, January 9, 2008

a little time away

Matt and I took a little get-away yesterday afternoon and evening. We left right after the girls went to sleep for afternoon naps, and returned about 10pm. It was great to get some time to think and talk and pray and plan away from home. We love these times together, even though they are harder to make happen now that the girls are here. But , we manage to do it about twice a year - this was a "mini".... we're planning to go away for a night when my dad is here in March too.

The girls stayed with Xiao Li. I'm not sure who was more excited about the afternoon/evening - me, because I was leaving for a while, or Xiao Li, because she got to stay with the girls! It worked out great for everyone.

Julianna continues to talk and talk and talk. I am a very efficient translator, as her pronunciation is still a little off. [For instance, "lost" and "lots" sound pretty much like the same word... I rely on context clues!]

Lydia "talks" too, in her own little almost-5-months-old way. She has a terrific smile that will light up your heart. She can sit pretty well on the couch, but has a tendency to tip one way or the other after a few minutes. Julianna works well as a prop to keep her from falling to the side.

2 comments:

Patt said...

What a sweet photo of your two sweet little girls - my grandgirls! Glad you two got a day off to be an adult couple! Love you all!

Paul said...

can't wait

love GrandDad