Tuesday, November 20, 2007

sentences!! and a trip back in time

Not sure how this snuck up on me, but I realized this morning that Julianna is starting to use sentences! Pretty exciting stuff, huh? First, a disclaimer and a helpful vocab list, then I'll share a sampling of her newest skill set. Disclaimer: her poor grammar is not indicative of mine (as far as I know, I conjugate most verbs correctly). Vocabulary to know: Julianna refers to herself as "Nana" and to Matt as "baba".

So, are you ready? Yesterday at breakfast she heard Lydia waking up and said, "Nana go see Lydia". Then, this morning, again at breakfast, "Baba eat yogurt too". Conclusion: Julianna's mind is sharpest at breakfast! Either that, or it's still early enough in the day that my brain has not yet gone into "super overdrive mode" and I am paying enough attention to what she says to realize her accomplishment.

Here's a photo of the little genius modeling her mommy's house slippers (no one wears outdoor shoes in the house here in Asia).
I thought it might be fun to pull out a photo from last Thanksgiving - Julianna was 11 months old and I was newly aware that Lydia was on her way....


2 comments:

Patt said...

Sentences! What a precocious grandchild! Grandmama is not a bit surprised. Julianna takes after her Granddaddy - he's working on complete sentences too! Love to all, Mom

laura said...

Mom,

Here I am posting on my own blog, but your comment about Dad working on complete sentences made me laugh out loud (of course, it's late, and I am tired, so things seem funnier than usual!).

love you
Laura