Monday, November 5, 2007

I love Mondays...

Matt is taking Mondays off this semester and I am loving it! He went on a bike ride this morning while I went grocery shopping at Jia Le Fu (a big, Wal-mart type store in town). Xiao Li was here to watch Julianna and Lydia slept. It is SO NICE to shop on my own, without the kids. I usually try to go to Jia Le Fu about once a month or so.... I buy a lot while I am there, but it's not a terrific shopping experience, so I prefer to avoid it.

We got some big chores done around the house and Matt managed to repair the lamp that was broken during the big party last week. Julianna and I took a quick trip to the market this afternoon - she is really getting in to singing and knows quite a few songs so we sing as we stroll around town. It helps that no one within hearing distance speaks English or knows what the songs are supposed to sound like, so they don't know how bad we really are!

Here's Lydia sitting in Julianna's little armchair. It's still a little big for her, but she's growing fast!

2 comments:

Patt said...

What an adorable photo of Lydia - I've decided she looks a little like a Hodges baby! Glad you had a successful shopping experience - look forward to hearing Julianna singing next webcam! Mom

Heather said...

Hey Laura!
Welcome to the blogging world:) It's so good to see pix of you and your family. Congratulations on your second baby girl!! I think she looks just like you and Matt.
Tripp, Drew and I are doing great. We're expecting our second child the end of February...a girl:):)
Just wanted to say, "Hey!"
Hope you guys are doing well!!
Heather Flythe