Friday, November 9, 2007

Murder at the Four Deuces...

Tonight is the big murder mystery party... the basic idea is that all party participants are assigned a character and part to play, one of the characters is a murderer and the participant who correctly solves the murder wins. There are lots of different parties, we are doing "murder at the four deuces" - a 1920s gangster/speakeasy setting. If you are really interested you can read more about it here: http://www.dinnerandamurder.com/games/4deuces.htm

My character is Donna Wannabe, I am the little sister to Don (played by Andy). Don and his wife MeMe (Erin Ashley) are opening a new speakeasy. Matt is Brett Bumbler (a gambler). According to my character background info, I am supposed to flirt with Matt all night long! He thinks it's going to be a great evening :) I think he might be the murderer!!! (just kidding, I really don't have a clue who the murderer is!)

This morning I went to a local hair salon and had them use a flat iron to straighten my hair and then use a curling iron to flip out the ends. Unfortunately, Matt has the camera with him this afternoon, so I can't post a pre-party photo of my hair-do. Matt was home briefly at lunch and I asked him if he liked my hair. He said, "not really". But then quickly added that it's perfect for tonight's party, he just prefers the curls. At least he is honest.

Tomorrow's post will hopefully include lots of photos!

No comments: