Friday, November 2, 2007

a package from ND, Xiao Li arrives, and more...

When I first started this blog I thought I might not have stuff to write about every day.... I mean, I am a stay-at-home mom with two kids under two. Some days I don't even get out the front door - what could I have to write about? So, one fun thing about the blog is it helps me realize that important, fascinating things happen every day (at least in the eyes of my little girls). Thanks to you who read it and "enter in" to life with me :)

Xiao Li arrived this morning for her first day at our new apartment! She'll be here on M/W/F mornings and T/Th afternoons. What a sweet blessing she is - Julianna knew her right away (she was with us for our first three years here and had always been a part of Julianna's life... until we moved to our new apartment - so Julianna had not seen her since late June). I am so thankful for Xiao Li as a sweet friend and also tremendous help to me as a mom. Hoping that with her arrival I'll advance from "barely keeping my head above water" to some real "swimming" as I figure out how to do life here in China with two little ones!!!


Later in the morning a package from ND arrived! Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for the fun goodies - Julianna watched her new movie tonight after dinner :)


Around lunchtime I headed in to town for a haircut and to say goodbye to my friend Anita. My hair is pretty short - I was inspired by my cousin Julie (who got her hair cut short this summer) and by my sweet Lydia (who is a spit up queen...I was tired of finding clumps of baby spit up in my long hair - gross!).

Julianna and I also did a little baking this afternoon - don't worry, I don't really let her take things out of the oven, but she does enjoy wearing the oven mitt!

4 comments:

Paul said...

Lydia and Xiao Li certainly look comfortable, (I know you must be so delighted to have her there) and I do believe Julianna is intent on her video- love it.- and thanks for the photos!!-

Jaci said...

I would like to see the new "hair-do" you will have to post a picture...as you have left me curious!:-)

Patt said...

Thanks for the update and great photos - we love being a part of your daily life! I look forward to seeing the new haircut too!

Julie said...

I love my short "mommy" hair cut as I like to call it and still have kept it that way. Will wasn't spitting up in it as much as just pulling it all out.