Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Lydia smile at you

Julianna's language ability continues to develop rapidly, but she still confuses pronouns, and often uses them incorrectly. The most common mistake is switching "me" and "you". So, when she says, "mommy help you" what she means is "mommy help me", likewise "hold you" means "hold me".
My favorite is when she gets right in Lydia's face and says "Lydia smile at you" .... what she means is "Lydia smile at me". She learned this from me, because I frequently point out that Lydia is smiling at her. Lydia is more interactive every day, and Julianna continues to delight in her little sister.

3 comments:

Patt said...

How wonderful - so glad to hear Julianna still delights in her little sister! Tell Julianna I would love to "hold you"! - Mom

Paul said...

Laura, I think you said "hold it" meaning hold me- that is a strong "I think" on the recollection---which puts this memory in the category of the "we did not have a tv until I was 12" memories too. but one of you kids said "hold it" . It is my memory and I am sticking to it.

love Dad.

Julie said...

My dad told me that I said "hold it" too. Caroline said "hold you" for awhile too. I would always ask her do you what me to hold you?