Monday, May 30, 2016

to Tokyo to Denver

Ok so this is my new favorite way to get to America.  I mean, this was our shortest, easiest, best, smoothest trip EVER!  It helps that we stopped in our point of entry city, and also our connection was short, and our trans-Pacific leg only 10 hours.  And our youngest is FOUR!  Ha!  After a decade of globe-trotting with the infant-toddler-preschool crowd we've turned a corner.

The last time we flew to the States the kids were 1, 2, 4, 6, and 7.  Oh, and Matt wasn't with me :)

This trip their ages are 4, 5, 7, 8, 10.  Elementary-schoolers rock the airplane, that's all there is to it!


And on the approach to Denver I decided this is where I want to live.  Gorgeous snow-capped peaks at the end of a "short" trans-Pacific flight and I'm sold.

Waiting for us right outside of baggage claim  - my parents!


Don't we look chipper?  The boys each slept a few hours, the girls pulled an all-nighter, college-style. We stayed awake all afternoon, energized by Grandmama & Granddaddy and the hotel pool.

We've now been in Denver almost 30 hours and are headed for bed.  Tomorrow morning we start a road trip to North Dakota (this is the downside of stopping in Denver! ha!) but as our plans for the summer came together the jet-lagging-road-trip was the best option.  We will be back in Colorado in about a week and depart from Denver July 30th.

So excited to see ND family and friends soon, and hopeful that the road trip will be as favorable as the flights!

5 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

I hope the road trip goes well!! Safe travels.

Mom said...

Yes, prayers for a safe journey to ND and a wonderful reunion with the family there!

Anonymous said...

So very thankful to hear you are safely in the States. Will be praying for you as you car travel to ND. Would love to see u while you are here but I do know your time is precious with few days as a whole family. Loving, praying u. BN

Susan said...

I to think Colorado would be a great place to land/live! Enjoy your time there, as I'm sure you will! Love, Susan

markcrissman said...

Glad you're back in North America, and Colorado is a great place to ski also