Saturday, May 14, 2016

finishing the conference

I spent Thursday and Friday at a homeschool conference.  It was the first in our city and the first I've ever attended and a really great experience.  Mostly I loved getting time to think about and process what it means to home school, and how to go about doing it.  And I loved doing it sitting with my friends!  

But I missed the five.  

I got home in time for dinner Friday and the kids were so curious about all that I had learned and we talked through dinner.  As I said goodnight to the girls Julianna said "I wish we were starting our next homeschool year right now!"  I'm glad for the excitement because she can be pretty fickle in her allegiance to school in general and homeschooling in particular  ;)

This morning Lydia and I went for a run.  I was thrilled she wanted to go with me (the girls haven't run with me in months, and I haven't run that much).  And then she ran her farthest ever - 5 laps around the complex.  That's almost three miles!  


thankful to school and run with this precious girl of mine!

3 comments:

Paul said...

Lydia! fantastic run!
love
Granddaddy

Grandmama said...

Way to go, Lydia and mom!

Julie Redfern said...

That's awesome Lydia!!