Monday, May 9, 2016

stick pineapple on Mother's Day

So we had another Mother's Day.  And the breakfast-in-bed staff gets bigger and more experienced with each passing year.  Pretty soon we aren't going to all fit in the bed!


It wasn't a perfect day (why is it that the closer we get to leaving the country the more the culture irritates and annoys me?  I cannot figure this one out, but every time a departure draws near this country starts to drive me crazy!)


But a country that serves fresh cut pineapple on a stick can't be all bad, right?


{and you know that my heart is full of love for this country and this people but it's a fickle heart and some days the love is just not flowing}


These faces!










I'd rather spend my days with them, no matter what country we find ourselves in!  {and Matt, my steady rock who rarely gets frustrated with the culture and sails through these rough waters with skill and passion.  So thankful he sticks by me even when I'm going crazy!}


4 comments:

Susan said...

That's a bed full of LOVE! Happy Mother's Day to you! Praying for you all during this transition and frustrations that go along with it! And I'm mighty jealous of pineapple on a stick!

Mom/Grandmama said...

Wonderful Mother's Day memories! Those pineapple sticks do look yummy! We love you and are looking forward to seeing all 7 of you soon!

Julie Redfern said...

Prayers for smooth transitions. Pineapple on a stick sounds delish. I like the way they cut it.

Paul said...

Happy Mother's Day, daughter, and the Rocky Mountains are not far away
love
Dad