Friday, December 7, 2012

double trouble

Double.



Trouble.





14 months apart in age.  These little guys are going to be partners in crime for  years. 



Did you know that years ago when Matt and I first started talking about adoption one thing we mentioned in an off-hand sort of way was that we’d love it if our adopted child was sandwiched in the middle of our biological children.  I don’t know why, but that particular idea just appealed to us.  Then, when we started our adoption process and were already at 3 bio kids I tabled that idea – four children sounded like a full-enough quiver for me.  Ha!  Turns out our John Paul is sandwiched between our biological children, and sandwiched between two brothers to boot.  


Three years between them all, top to bottom.  We’re having fun now, and we’ve got more fun times ahead ;)   

We're just finished up a girls night/boys night here.  Boys stayed home and are all tucked away in bed.  The girls and I went to our neighbors for chocolate hot pot, which is the local way of saying chocolate fondue.  And let me tell you, it was much yummier than the non-chocolate hot pot :)  These particular neighbors are pretty unique... I really like their family (especially the mom) and their 9 year old daughter is so kind to my girls.  On Friday nights they host a little family/children gathering at their home and we'll definitely be going back! 

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

What fun in a cardboard box. How blessed you are to have a 3-piece boy sandwich - many wonderful years ahead. We love you all so much!

JBC said...

These pictures made me laugh so much! Thanks for posting :)!

Grandma Jan said...

The pictures and your narration made me laugh too. So delightful. Love it always. Jan

Julie Redfern said...

HA! Love the pictures! Chocolate fondue with the girls sounds delightful!