Monday, December 24, 2012

7 on Christmas eve

Seven seems to be the number this season.

Julianna, 7 years and one day old.  My first child, a Christmas baby.  She is truly a treasure like no other. 

And the other big 7? Seven of us!  It's a full house this Christmas.  And oh am I grateful!  Last Christmas we were waiting for Luke (born 3 months later) and John Paul (we actually didn't even know who our John Paul was last Christmas, just knew that he was coming). 

All seven of us went to International Fellowship together the morning of the 23rd.  There was a time last week when I didn't think that service, or this picture, would happen.  I'm not sure I've ever been so thankful to all walk into a church service together. 




Life is full.  But I cannot imagine it any other way.

We're home from a Christmas eve party with many dear friends, all the children are sleeping and Matt & I are finishing up final Christmas preparations.  Tomorrow is our first Christmas morning with 5 children.  I can't wait!!!!!!  (And neither can they!  I convinced the girls to skip their flashlight-reading time and go straight to bed because they didn't want to oversleep and get up later than the boys!  In reality, I'm thinking the girls will be up by 7, and it's the boys we'll be waiting for!)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

What a beautiful family! We are so thankful for each one of you. Merry Christmas! The Thomases

Julie Redfern said...

I Love it!!! Merry Christmas to all of you!

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you guys and am loving that you are all home together for Christmas! What a blessing! I hope John Paul continues to heal well and am so excited that you are all going to warmer climates soon! Love this picture!
love, Whitney