Saturday, November 24, 2012

turkey weekend

I'm a few days behind on updating, we've been busy having fun :)  Thanksgiving weekend is a big one around here, with lots of friends in town for the celebrating. 

So much celebrating that I might turn in early tonight.  We had a great afternoon with three families out to visit and it was a treat.  There was even a little guy named Luke, just about two months older than our little Luke. 

But before the afternoon fun I decided to make up for the lack of photos I've taken all weekend with a camera tour of the house.


He doesn't nap often, but when he does it is always with his tiger.  I love how he has his ankle propped up on his knee.  And wearing his football gear (cause he watched his Daddy play a little football this morning).


My best napper.  John Paul loves to snooze away the afternoon.  I eventually wake him so he can go back to sleep in the evening at the same time as his big sibs.  (And we just moved Isaac in with John Paul, so now we have a boys' bedroom and a girls' bedroom. For the next 15 years - ha!)


Lydia washing up a few dishes (we had just made M&M bar cookies to share with our friends) and Luke getting into the kitchen.  Again. 

I have always stuck by my "no little ones in the kitchen" policy. (Our kitchen is small and dangerous for little ones - low counters, gas burners, all kinds of baby trouble.)  John Paul is already a pro at staying out of the kitchen and I'm needing to get serious about teaching Luke the same thing.  But he loves to pull up on that white stool of Lydia's and the stool is often in the kitchen so.... But his kitchen days are numbered :)

Julianna was out at a friend's house and Matt was on his way back to our apartment with a carload of friends.  Really a great day. 

I'm dreaming of getting our tree put up on Monday.  I'm also dreaming of a chain link fence to keep Luke out of the presents.  Hmmmm, this year is gonna be a risky one for our tree, I just know it.  

2 comments:

Paul said...

and how high are you going to hang the ornaments? or do you have some pretty tough-child-proof ones that take a beating and keep on hanging?
best of luck with engineering a tree to take on the challenges of John Paul and Luke
love Granddad

Grandma Jan said...

Love the post and all the pics, especially of the sleepers. Nothing like looking at a child sleeping so contentedly away in their dreams. Love to you all, Jan