Thursday, November 8, 2012

the roller coaster {surgery day YES!}

Oh my, what a ride.  The short version of the story is that we are back at the hospital.  And John Paul has a surgery slot for tomorrow (Friday).

His surgery is the third of the day, estimated to be around noon but the time will vary based on how quickly the first two surgeries proceed.  (that'll be Thursday evening around 11pm EST, 10pm CST)

Would you please stop and pray right now?  Pray for John Paul to stay healthy (no fevers!) and recover quickly.  Pray for skill and wisdom for the surgeon (Dr. Stone) and the other staff who will be involved in his surgery and recovery.  Pray for extra measures of grace and wisdom and patience for me and Matt.

I already feel so stretched and torn between my children at home and John Paul at the hospital.  Today was the longest I have ever been away from Luke.  And I'll be away all day tomorrow too, and through the night, and my other kiddos too.... oh, it's so hard on this Mommy. 

This week has been so challenging already, and the surgery is still ahead of us!  Jesus is enough.  For me, and for John Paul, and for you.

much love,
Laura

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying right now, Laura. love, Whitney

Erin said...

praying. thankful. trusting. celebrating!!!!!

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

For you all today -

You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light
Whom shall I fear?

You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my sword and shield
Though trouble linger still
Whom shall I fear?

I know who goes before me
I know who stands behind
The God of angel armies is always by my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a friend of mine
The God of angel armies is always by my side

My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory
Whom shall I fear?
Whom shall I fear?

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hands
I'm holding on to Your promises
You are faithful
You are faithful

Publishing: © 2012 sixsteps Songs / Worship Together Music / Alletrop Music (BMI) (Admin. at EMICMGPublishing.com)

Anne Marie said...

Praying!

Jaci said...

Praying for you all!! Being away from my kiddos has definitely been one of the hardest things about hospital stays. I will pray that everything goes as planned so you can all be back together at home!!

Amanda said...

Praying for your family, Laura ... that God would be merciful to carry you through this day and the next ... and the next, too. May He give you strength to love well even at a time when your own strength has run out!

Marianne B Dean said...

Praying for you, for John Paul, for Matt, and the other kiddos! :)