Wednesday, August 1, 2012

little photographers

A few months ago I bought three disposable cameras (remember those?!?!) ..... the price was right (less than 2 dollars each) and I was certain I could find a good use for them.

Well I pulled them out and tucked them into my carry-on when we left for Hong Kong a few weeks ago.  And they were a big hit with all three kids.  I had a bunch of fun taking pictures of them taking pictures :)




(Look closely at the camera... it's the Kodak 2008 Beijing Olympics edition.  Maybe that explains the steep discount on the price?!?!)

And when we got home Matt found a photo shop that remembered how to develop film (ha!) and he brought the printed photos home today. 




Definitely a big win for everyone!  I thought they were so cute taking the photos, and they thought they were so grown up with their own cameras, and definitely a bit of pride and delight with the finished product too.  Julianna (of course) headed straight for the craft table to start making frames for hers! 

It's hard to do anything these days without thinking about John Paul.  Only a few more days and we'll be taking photos of our earliest moments with him.

Tomorrow I plan to post a list of specific ways you can pray for all of us as we head into this big weekend.  So grateful to know "you" are out there, reading and loving our family. 


2 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Way to go Laura with the cameras. They can be a blast and sure looks like that for your "bigs". What fun. Love you. Jan

Grandmama said...

Such great fun! Looks like Isaac was trying to photograph a bug. I leave in less than 24 hours! Love you all.