Tuesday, April 24, 2012

growing boys

 Such a handsome little guy, my Luke. 


 And growing up too.  He used to sleep through chaos like this....


Yep, that's Luke.  On the floor of the living room.  Covered with his Isaac's hooded jacket (since I didn't see a blanket within reach).  Check out the background for a "real life view" of the living room.  I took this photo a few weeks ago, about 5:30, right in the midst of dinner prep. 

.... but he is already growing and changing.  He doesn't drift off to sleep on the floor like this.  He's so alert and watching his big siblings, listening to songs, looking out the window.  

Today I sorted boy clothes.  Piles and piles of little boy clothes.  I started with this -


 - and ended with a lot of well-sorted, organized bags.  My favorite is probably the bag labeled "John Paul" and boy am I ready to have John Paul here wearing his clothes!  But I also marveled, again (!) at how quickly little ones grow and change.  12 month size pjs seem ginormous next to little Luke, but I know that I'll blink twice and his first birthday will be just around the corner and he'll be wearing those pajamas!  What a sweet reminder to enjoy and savor all the (sleepless) moments! 



My biggest boy and my smallest boy.  Oh how I want to love these little years.  Such sweet precious days. 







1 comment:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Indeed, how handsome your little Luke is! Amazing how younger siblings just adapt to the noise and the chaos of the family. More chaos to come and lots of precious moments to savor!