Thursday, April 19, 2012

the good, the bad, and the pictures

Grandpa left on an airplane this morning. (the bad)

Grandma stays for another month.  (the good)

And below, the pictures....  how can I ever sort through them all and make a coherent blog post?  So instead I'll post some of my favorites with little descriptors.  (And later, when I compile this all into a book - I do it each year and create a coffee table blog-turned-book that is full of priceless memories -  well, I can already picture the huge photo spreads that will capture this visit.)

So here goes.

One thing our family has plenty of? Personality :)


My forever-loving-snuggles Lydia all snuggled with Grandma


With Matt, and our littlest, watching panda antics. 


Hanging on to Grandpa - I saw this and reached for a camera. 


A night in the kitchen with local friends


Son and parents.  Grateful.   


Matt at work (on campus, with bike, on the phone.... classic Matt).


Me at work.  (at home, with four, multi-tasking.... classic Laura).


this boy makes me laugh


showing Grandma his classroom while the sisters dance upstairs


dancer #1



dancer #2


three generations


the eight of us


smiles of delight that say "we love Grandma and Grandpa visits"

5 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

All those faces filled with joy - waht wonderful, memorable times! I know Luther hated to leave. May God bless your continuing time together! Much love from NC!

Anonymous said...

great pictures. looks like some wonderful times
love Dad

Krisanne said...

Love all the pictures - thanks for sharing! And totally understand the bad, sad part of Grandpa leaving!

Julie Redfern said...

The pictures are great! I love seeing you in them as well!! My favorite has to be the last one with the big curl in the middle of Lydia's forehead!

Danielle said...

i think you must be setting some kind of record for number of visits to the panda center in one year! good memories!