Tuesday, April 17, 2012

a day in the life....

of sweet baby Luke.  Here's a little update on my littlest - one month old tomorrow!  Wowsers.

While I would not say "he's such an easy baby" I will say that he is pure delight.  You would think that by the 4th time around I'd have the baby thing figured out, but I definitely do not!  Still learning, every day.  And enjoying him tons and tons.

He had a tough night and day early in the week and I started to think that maybe, just maybe, he needed a little more time at home, a little more low-key.  He's been toted lots of places and I think he ended up exhausted - so yesterday afternoon the two of us snuggled up on the bed together for a super long nap!  I'm not sure who needed it more, but I know BOTH of us could use a bit more sleep.  And after a great night (well, great for a 4 week old) and a calm relaxed morning I think he's solidly on the road back to 'his old self'. (Kind of funny to think that he could have an 'old self' when he's only 30 days old!)

Luke is strong, so strong.   And he knows how to say "Mommy come get me"!


He likes to be outside (at the playground with his big siblings)


and at the park for a picnic Sunday afternoon (can you find him in this picture?)


(He's snuggled under the nursing cover, looks like everyone eats at a picnic, huh?)

And sometimes he falls asleep in the sling and gets passed to Grandpa's loving arms.


Posing on the blanket Grandma knit especially for him Luke looks like this



and like this



and one of my favorite pictures of him so far.....


A little love pat on the head from big brother :)

5 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Happy first month birthday, Luke. What an amazing one month old! Glad you got that long snooze together. And love that big gap tooth smile, Julianna! Love you all!

JBC said...

What lovely wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for posting :).

Leslie said...

I love this post!! Can't believe time has passed so quickly. He is so cute. Thanks for sharing.

Dave and Val said...

Hi!
Thanks for the photos...I think I spotted baby Luke, how very cute he is! The blanket is beautiful, Jan! Anonymous failed to post name in last post.

Anonymous said...

Oh how I love your blog- or maybe better said, I love your family. Can almost feel the soft,little arms, big wide smiles and hear the sounds of laughter, cries,excitement!!!
So thankful that grandpa & grandma were and are at your home. Love & Kisses, BN