Sunday, January 15, 2012

slowing down

The backseat was wiggling with joy and excitement when we picked Matt up Friday afternoon.  And the wrestling match began about 0.7 seconds after we walked in the living room :)  This Momma does not wrestle (and no, not hiding behind pregnancy as an excuse, I just plain old don't wrestle kids for fun, pregnant or not!)  So after a week of no wrestling, one little guy in particular was raring to go - and things got plenty wild and wooly.

Then on Saturday morning I slept til 9:30!!!!  Wooo-hoooo!  I had no idea I was "that tired" and we had such a smooth week ...... but I think with Matt back in the house my body just shifted into able-to-relax mode and I slept :)

Now we are finally ready for some good solid down time!  Matt's schedule will look pretty different here for the next few weeks, and while the rest of the country plans to shoot off fire crackers and go crazy celebrating the New Year, we are looking to slow down and enjoy some unusual space and freedom.  Next week we're hosting two other families (great friends of ours from different provinces) and while our weather is yucky our fellowship together will certainly be such a sweet blessing - and make up for the gray skies that plagues this city all winter long. 

2 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

I can picture the living room wrestling scene - lots of squeals and giggles. And more family time and later sleeping coming up. Love you bunches!

Grandma Jan said...

So glad your week went smooth and so glad Matt is home. I can just feel your body relax with him home. Love you all. Jan