Saturday, December 3, 2011

wrapping gifts (and #4 in the belly!)

Matt is due home by 6 tonight.

Technically, he's already back in town but shushhhhhhh! don't tell the kids!  He arrived at the train station but had to head straight for campus and I didn't clarify the situation with the kiddos who are excitedly anticipating his return.

No need to spend time explaining why he is here but also not here.  Especially when they've selected "Hark the Herald" as this year's most requested Christmas song - I'm busy enough explaining lines like 'veiled in flesh the Godhead see, hail the Incarnate Deity'.  Not that I'm complaining at all... LOVE the music, and if we're going to be belting Christmas tunes at the top of our lungs (Isaac's preferred style) then I'm happy to be singing some good theology!

Anyways, the big reason the kids can't wait for Dad to grace the front door is that we shopped for and wrapped his Christmas presents this morning - and boy are they ready to show off the fruit of their labor!


With all the tape and paper and scissor action I was busy enough wrapping, but when it came time to work on the gift tags I did manage to pull out the camera.




This morning Julianna took a pic of #4 in the belly :)  23+ weeks and growing every day.


Looks like the plan is to carry this baby high and shaped like a ball.  Just like my previous three :)  

This is not something I EVER thought I would say, but we are really seriously considering having the baby here, no traveling to better medical care.  I met an English speaking (local) doctor a month or so ago for my first check up and was pretty encouraged.

I see him again next week (for an ultrasound) and we'll try to make the final decision then... I keep telling Matt "well, if 36 weeks rolls around and we're still here then I guess this is where we'll have the baby".  [I can't fly commercial after 36 weeks.]  He'd like to nail down some details a little earlier than that :) 

Current plan is that Matt and the kids will come along for the ultrasound - if we get any good pics I'll be sure to post them.  And I really hope it's fun for the kids to see.  They are especially intrigued by the idea that baby can hear their voices.  Who wouldn't be?!?!?! 



Oh, and is it a boy or girl?!?!?  We decided to let this one surprise us on his/her birthday! 

8 comments:

JBC said...

How wonderful to have the family come with you! That will be very special :). Love you all!

Amanda said...

Love the belly shot. ALMOST makes me want a little bump :)

Grandma Jan said...

Christmas is a wonderful time in our house too. I so feel for those who struggle with tough stuff during this holiday. We pray for you and new baby and all the rest of you too. Love you so much and miss you all so much!!! Jan

Susan said...

You look great! I hope things continue to go well and the local doctor doesn't disappoint. Love to you all!

The Huffmans said...

So glad to see a picture of you! adorable! will you guys find if it's a boy or a girl then? are your kiddos talking about that? glad matt is home!

Paul said...

Great photography Julianna
Love Granddaddy

Mom/Grandmama said...

Loved the photos of the children wrapping presents - a wonderful part of the holiday. You do look great, Laura! Love you all!!

Rob and Carrie said...

Looking great! I hope you are able to stay home for this one!