Thursday, December 1, 2011

December first


The big countdown started today.  

Matt and I wrote the story that accompanies our advent calendar.  Day one starts with a few simple sentences.  Each day we start the reading at the beginning, and add a new sentence or two.  And of course each day contributes a character or background piece that matches the unfolding plot. 

The story begins "Jesus is the Greatest Treasure of All.  He is the son of God and He lives in heaven."   By the end of the first week the kids will have much of it (including direct Scripture that we wove into the story) memorized. 

LOVE this.  Love hearing my littles daily recite along with me "Jesus is the Greatest Treasure of All."  So I'm delighted that today is December 1st!

So far it's been a pretty smooth week - I've tried to schedule something for a few of the days as Matt is gone...  a little English speaking fellowship goes a long way (not that my kids don't provide English speaking fellowship, but you know what I mean!)

And tonight was dance class again - it's getting cold and dark for the little man and I as we wait for the girls to do all their twirling.  It doesn't seem like that long ago that we could sit outside in short sleeves and long-lingering daylight..... and now its dark and cold when we arrive.  Darker and colder when we leave :)

It is December first, after all!! 

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Love your Advent tradition that we got to experience and particpate in last year when you were here. The kids love the tradition and have so much memorized! Much love to you all.

Grandma Jan said...

The eyes say so much to me. Love their enthusiasm and joy. Love, Jan

Erin said...

Hey Laura, that is really cool? Do you have this written down so you could share with the likes of me? :)

laura said...

Erin,

could you give me your current email address and I'll send it along :)

my email is my first and last names (all one word) at yahoo dot com