Thursday, December 15, 2011

my new favorite ornaments

So I saw a picture of this when the kids were resting today and by the time the girls came out of their room I was convinced we absolutely must create them :)  

 

The picture I saw didn't have any 'how-to' instructions but it was clearly done on some sort of wood cutout shape.  And while that would be undeniably cute (and probably longer-lasting), I live about 10,000 miles from ACMoore and wasn't willing to go through the trouble of trying to create my own.  So we used a paper plate :) 



Our 'hay' is leftover Easter grass (Julianna's idea). 

Isaac is battling a nasty cold and sleeping long today, but I will definitely be trying to talk him into letting me paint his hand for one of these precious handprints!  (Baby Jesus is the thumb - seriously fun!)

4 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

I've seen sweet before but those ornaments are really sweet! Nice job, girls! Hope Isaac is feeling better soon. (Noticed you still have lots of neighbor gifts to deliver - 10 days til Christmas.)

Mom with a Mission said...

Love it! Will be making them at our house too! Thanks for the idea. Hope you guys are enjoying all the holiday preparations.

Julie Redfern said...

I too will make those ornaments! So cute.

Marty, Erin, Brennan, and Asher Mullis said...

I read your blog all the time and never comment, but hope you know that I think about y'all often. I love this idea and I am so excited to do with with Asher- It's been hard for me to do handprint stuff with him, but this totally works with his 4 fingers!