Saturday, April 11, 2009

whet your travel appetite

Back in the pre-kids era I LOVED to travel. Actually, I still love to travel. I just don't really like travel with kids. I mean, would I really enjoy hiking in the mountains of Central Asia with a 3 year old, 20 month old and an infant? Not so much.

So I have put some of my travel dreams and desires on temporary hold. And in the meantime, my list of "places I really want to go" just gets longer. My cousin Beth (well, our husbands are cousins ... I'm not exactly sure what that makes us) pointed out this list: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/01/11/travel/20090111_DESTINATIONS.html Oh WOW! So many places to go!

Check it out! Even if, like me, you aren't going to be doing any major travel anytime soon, it's still fun to dream :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree! Justin and I are trying to plan a 10th anniversary trip for just the 2 of us but there are so many places we want to go! love Julie

Elisabeth said...

I'm glad you liked the travel feature! :) Love to you 5.
Beth

Anonymous said...

Nice little list of places to go - I can only imagine what it would like to be travelling with 3 little ones (add matt into the mix) and you are a full time babysitter and backpacker -

Love you guys, SCC