Saturday, April 18, 2009

little mommies

Julianna and Lydia love to imitate me and these days, a lot of my time is spent being the "mommy of an infant". So, that's the role they imitate most.

Last night in the pre-dinner crazy hour I carried Isaac like this....


And later, in the middle of the dinner craziness, I fed Isaac using this nursing cover.



Watching the girls play after dinner was like watching a recap of the previous two hours!

Dinner is definitely the most challenging time of my day! Starting about 5pm I feel like life rapidly gets more demanding - everyone seems to need me all at once, everyone is hungry, and someone has to get dinner on the table. So far, I haven't attempted much cooking, we are still eating freezer meals most nights. And, this past week, on the nights I did cook, I made enough extra to re-stock the freezer a bit, so I'll be able to rely on the freezer for a few more weeks!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Hang in there...it gets easier. Derrick sometimes laughs at me for starting dinner during naptime, but if I don't get it started then, it doesn't happen. My other favorite trick is to cut the vegetables and let the children graze in the hour before dinner when they are starving. Not only does it keep them occupied, but we don't have "eat your vegetable" battles at dinner because they have already eaten them.

Julie Redfern said...

Wow, you are brave! Love the mommy imitations that the girls are doing. Juliana is wearing a dress that Marie made for Caroline. They are so cute! Love Julie

Mom said...

Loved the photos. I look forward to helping you restock the freezer! Love you.

Jaci said...

SUPER CUTE!!! =) Seriously, we need to have ya'll over for a playdate!