Monday, April 13, 2009

goodbye Grandma

Grandma Jan left early Easter morning, headed back to America. We just called her after breakfast, she's in Chicago waiting for her final flight home.

What a GREAT visit we had! I loved all the extra help around the house and the children enjoyed so many special times with their Grandma. Here is a photo "tour" of our days together :)

We did crafts .... like making playdoh


and dyeing Easter eggs.


Grandma spent many hours holding Isaac.


We found time to do a few special things....


Last week Grandma and Matt took the girls to an outdoor park with lots of fun rides!


One morning she made bread with Lydia....


and then they washed dishes together.


[Grandma is MUCH more patient than mommy with tasks like this - I love to cook because it is relaxing for me, but inviting Lydia to help me knead the bread takes away from the relaxation aspect!]

Thanks for coming Jan! We love you!

3 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

That's great. I can't believe how big Lydia looks in those pictures. I know you are going to miss Jan! Love, Julie

Jaci said...

Wow! What a fun time for you all!! I just LOVE Luther and Jan...so glad that she was able to make the trip and spend that time with you!! Happy Easter!!!

Mom/Grandmama said...

Wow, looks like Jan had a wonderful time loving the grandchildren. Can't wait to be there!