Saturday, April 4, 2009

Lydia's big bed

Lydia's big news is that she now sleeps in a "big bed". I did a bit of rearranging in the girls' room a day or so before we left town to wait for baby Isaac. Now both girls have beds that are 2/3 the length of a normal twin bed ... so it's a bit of a make-your-own toddler bed set up.

Lydia officially slept in her big bed for the first time the day we got home with Isaac! The first few times she was a little skeptical, but now she's officially a big fan of her new "sleeps in a big bed" status.


Here's the view from the doorway of their bedroom - you can just see the corner of Lydia's bed (on the far left of the photo) and Julianna's bed (on the far right of the photo). [I didn't bother to straighten the room before I took these photos so this is a pretty accurate "real life" view!]

And the view from the other direction (the doorway is just outside the photo on the left).

The girls' beds are basically hollow boxes laid end to end. I ordered them from a local carpenter after spotting the idea in a Pottery Barn catalog. I love them because of all the storage space underneath! You can see the storage space under Julianna's bed in this photo - and all the dress up clothes hanging at the foot of her bed.


Yesterday afternoon I heard Lydia talking to herself as she woke up from her nap. I walked in to get her and distinctly heard her say something about her "big bed". I wasn't surprised - she loves to talk about it. She started to list all the members of our family and their "bed status".

"Lydia, big bed. Julianna, big bed. Isaac, small bed. Mommy, big bed."

She hadn't mentioned Matt, so I asked her, "What about Daddy, does Daddy sleep in a big bed?"

"No sir-ree Bob", she answered!

Fitting, since Matt is the one who taught her to say "No sir-ree Bob" :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's funny. I just taught Caroline and WIll to say no sirre-bob too. Caroline laughs every time he says it. Love, Julie

Krisanne said...

Lydia just seems like she is growing up SO much, and so quickly! Cute pictures:) Does she mention if Grandma sleeps in a big bed, too? Tell everyone "hi" there from me! :)

Mom/Grandmama said...

Mother and I enjoyed the bedroom photos and she got your thanks for the new coverlets - they look really nice! Love from all of us!

Anonymous said...

beautiful family!!!