Monday, January 12, 2009

the temperature is not the end of the story

For the record....

I am wearing
one short sleeve shirt,
one long sleeve shirt,
one wool sweater,
and one fluffy down vest.

I am inside my apartment.

I am cold.

Now, before you assume we moved to the north pole, let me clarify. It ISN'T that cold! The high was supposed to be 50 F. It might not have been quite 50, but it was close. So why am I cold? Because concrete walled apartments with no insulation, single-paned windows, and no central heat are CHILLY in the wintertime! Our poor little heaters have been running all day long and they just can't keep us warm.

I can't wait to get the girls snuggled in their beds for the night and take a hot bath! I'm pretty sure it's the only way I am going to able to warm up my toes :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget the fact that you are pregnant and supposed to be warmer anyway! Good luck keeping warm! Love You Julie

Anonymous said...

Oh, that sounds miserable. I know you would just love to be warm for a while - even just a little while!