Thursday, January 22, 2009

a few days away

Matt and I are taking a few days away... leaving this afternoon for a two night stay at a local hotel (a friend of a friend got us a FANTASTIC deal and I am really looking forward to the heated pool!)

I love these little "retreats" that we try to do every so often. But I also miss my girls so much. It is refreshing to get away and I do enjoy it, but it's hard to walk out the door. I know they are well cared for by Xiao Li. But I must admit that I like it best when they are cared for by ME :)

We've got some big changes coming up.... like baby #3, whose due date is a little over 8 weeks away. Wow! I am thankful for little retreats like this, especially when I know it's going to be a while until we get to do another one!!

3 comments:

Paul said...

do hope you all enjoy it!

love Dad

Anonymous said...

I hope and pray you have a good time! After seeing the girls with Xiao Li, I'm sure they will, too!

Love,
Krisanne

Julie Redfern said...

Have a fantastic time!