Saturday, December 13, 2008

sisters. buddies.

Yesterday during the girls' naps I re-did four black and white frames that hang over the dresser in the their bedroom... the photos were getting a little dated (two of them were of Lydia at the hospital the day she was born) and I figured it was a good time for a change.

I chose these four shots from the past year.....








From the day I learned I was pregnant with Lydia I started praying that these two would have a sweet sibling relationship. Once I found out Lydia would be a baby girl, I prayed even harder... sisters! A built-in buddy for my little Julianna! I was thrilled. I have prayed and prayed and prayed. And God has been gracious. These two little girls can't get enough of one another. As I type they are laughing and giggling hysterically, playing in their room together. (I can never seem to figure out what is quite so funny but these girls are convinced that their sister is the funniest person in the world - they laugh all the day long!)

We have our rough spots, of course. They can treat one another with amazing amounts of disrespect. But, for the most part, I am thrilled with how they look out for one another, take care of one another, and delight in one another. What a gift their relationship is - to each other - and to me as their mommy.

In the past few days I've started thinking about adding #3 to the bunch... wow - our dynamics will be changing, won't they? So I pray. And trust that this new little one will be yet another sweet addition to their sibling bunch!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your prayers have been answered so fully with Julianna and Lydia - we'll pray with you for #3 to meld right in to your tight knit family!

Anonymous said...

I am blessed to have 2 great sisters and 1 awesome brother who are all great friends! I am confident God will ensure #3 is friends with 1 and 2!
love,
Susan

Anonymous said...

I agree with Susan. I love how much Caroline adn Will love each other and care about each other. It warms my heart. Love Julie