Wednesday, December 10, 2008

my "crafty" little Julianna

Julianna is a craft queen! She loves to come running to me to ask if we can "do a craft together". Lucky me, her standards of what constitutes a "craft" are pretty low - get out the crayons and paper, toss in a pair of kid scissors and a glue stick, and she's ready to go!

And she's training Lydia to follow in her footsteps. "Come on Lydia, let's do a craft", she says. Lydia is slowly moving into the "mostly colors with crayons" category but is just a few steps out of the "mostly chews on crayons" category, so I wish Julianna weren't quite so intent on sharing the craft experiences :) But I do love to see them play so well together, so it's worth it. I think.

Anyways, the girls got this great new set of table and chairs from my parents. It quickly became known as "the craft table" and the girls just love it!


Matt is headed out of town for a few days, so it's just me and the girls here at home! I'm not exactly sure how we'll spend our days, but I can almost guarantee we'll be doing some soft of craft :)

3 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

I completely understand. Sometimes I just wish Caroline would leave Will out of it. But it is fun so she wants to share. Have fun doing crafts. love Julie

Anonymous said...

So glad the girls love their table. They look cute in those new WFU jackets Grandaddy brought them! Love to you all.

Jaci said...

Awww...that is SO cute!!=)

My girls too like to do crafts, but unlike your Lydia Abby is till totally in the "chew the crayons", markers, glue, whatever it might be. Suck might actually be a better description! I know the packages say "non-toxic" but I do wonder if that is for the occasional occurrence or the everyday. Oh well.

And I bet that Julianna would LOVE glitter glue. It is too bad we can't have her over for the afternoon to play with some. One of us could play with the little girlies and the other could "do the craft". Maybe someday.

I do so hope you have a good time with your girls.

Praying for you!