Thursday, December 18, 2008

long days, short years

One of my favorite "mom-quotes" came from a friend of mine a few years ago - "The days are long, but the years are short."

Goodness knows, we have our long days. But, wow, the years are short!

This photo taken yesterday...



reminded this photo taken last December.


Of course, buried under the mounds of little girl in the top photo is another baby (boy? girl?) .... I can't wait to see what my lap looks like next December! I am sure there will be some looooong days in 2009. But I know the year will be short, and oh how I want to enjoy my gifts :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a difference a year makes! The girls are growing up happy, healthy and strong and they have a beautiful, loving mother - what a blessing! And you're a wonderful loving father too, Matt - multiple blessings!

Anonymous said...

WoW! They sure are short and long. What a blessing, I'm impressed you could find last years picture.
God Bless and Merry Christmas, We will miss y"all Sat.
U Mark

Paul said...

my what beautiful pictures, thank you for sharing

love Dad/GrandDad

Graham said...

So precious. I can't wait to have a lap full of them too.

Jaci said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet! Love the pictures and I love you girls!!=) Merry Christmas friend!