Sunday, December 28, 2008

M&M you

Two of Lydia's favorite phrases are definitely "hold you" and "help you". I love it when my little girl walks up to my knee, reaches out her arms and says "hold you hold you" and I remember feeling a tinge of sadness when Julianna left that stage behind and started using the grammatically correct "hold me".

Sweet Lydia has taken the "verb + me" phrasing to a new level though. Last night in the car on the way home she looked right at me and said "M-n-M-n you"!! We've had a bowl of M&Ms out for snacking through the holidays, and Lydia loves to hold an M&M. [No, not eat an M&M, but hold an M&M. Weird, I know. I, personally, would much rather eat M&Ms! But Lydia just likes to hold one between the tips of her fingers and show it off to everyone around her.]

She calls them M-n-M-ns and though I've never heard M&M used as a verb before, it was clear what she meant when she said "M-n-M-n you"! Unfortunately, there were none available for the holding - maybe next time, Lydia!

We are having so much fun with all our family here! I'll try to download some photos and get them posted later today - for now, it's off to church!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when Will says hold you too. I agree with you about eating the M&M's! Glad you are having a great time with your family visiting. Love Julie

Anonymous said...

i remember when you all were married and Chris Dillon's son, Matt, stuck his finger in your cake. priceless. happy new year. scc