Monday, June 9, 2008

zong zi


So, yesterday was the Dragon Boat Festival... it's a holiday here in China and most people get a day off of work. I talked to the girls about giving me the day off too - but it was a no go... they were hungry and wanted breakfast and were not about to let me take the day off :)

Anyways, in all the years I've been here for the Dragon Boat festival, I've never actually seen a Dragon Boat. But, I have eaten a lot of zong zi. Zong zi are little pyramid shaped globs of glutinous rice wrapped in corn plant leaves. Julianna (no surprise) likes them. She had some for breakfast.

Matt went camping with a bunch of guys from the university (students also got a "day off") and he took the camera with him, so I didn't get a photo of Julianna chomping on the zongzi. The photo above is from the People's Daily website.

1 comment:

Paul said...

but does she eat green peas?

and it is fun to watch people watch her eat.

love
Dad/GrandDad