Monday, June 30, 2008

friends and sunshine

I thought it might be fun to end the month of June with one last post and include a favorite photo from earlier this month....

The girls and I had a great day here and I got a jump-start on packing for Thailand (we leave Thursday afternoon).

Matt spent his day off riding his mountain bike with some good buddies. He got home an hour or so ago - tired, VERY dirty, and with a big grin on his face. The girls were already asleep for the night, and we sat at the kitchen table, looked at his photos and caught up on the news from the day. (The big news from him was that he had a GREAT day. The big news from me was that the fix-it man came to look at the leak in our kitchen and declared that he would have to bust into part of the tile wall to repair it. Oh joy. Did I mention that we leave on Thursday for a three-week trip? This gives new meaning to the phrase "perfect timing".)

Here's a photo of Matt with his buddies, also sporting their sunglasses as they started their ride.

Photos of friends in sunglasses, it just doesn't get much better than that, does it?

Well, Matt is cleaned up from the ride and I'm going to hang out with my husband! Yay for an adult conversation at the end of a day with little kiddos!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gotta love spending time with the hubby after a long (or short) day! Love the pictures!
Susan