Wednesday, June 4, 2008

life at the window

The big empty lot behind our apartment complex is apparently a future construction site. OH joy. I am sure I will love living next to a construction site :) But, while my love is mainly of the sarcastic variety, my girls feel quite differently. What could be better than living next door to a bunch of trucks?

A tall brick wall blocks our view of the site when we are outside, but from our fourth floor windows, they can look right in on all the action. Julianna spends a significant chunk of her day perched on this wooden trunk looking out the window.

Lydia just wants to be up there because her big sister is up there. She's not stable enough to stand up there by herself yet (that's my arm you see on the far right side of the photo, ready to catch her when she topples).



Even when the trucks aren't active (like today) Julianna loves to watch people coming and going in the complex.


2 comments:

Patt said...

Love the photos - especially Lydia's expression. Julianna seems fascinated with what's going on outside - perhaps another engineer in the family? Love, Mom/Grandmama

Leslie said...

If you want her to walk by early/mid-September, you could start letting go! :) I'm rooting for you because I also want to hear what Matt makes you for dinner.